Nobody likes an off day.
You’re not necessarily in a bad mood, but you’re not in a good mood either.
You’re just… off. And you don’t like it. You want to be on. You want to be happy, not just…blah.
So you get out your phone and you google “mood boosts for an off day”, and you find this article. That’s good. That’s your first step to a better day.
Alright, let’s just jump right into it. Why keep talking? You just want to know how to feel better. Like right now.
Your wish is my command. 10 Quick things you can do to boost your mood right now :
- Smile: Sounds a little too simple, but apparently if you make yourself smile you can literally trick your brain into being in a good mood.
- Eat Chocolate: Yeah you heard me right. According to science, chocolate makes your brain happier. So you have my permission-go ahead and eat the chocolate.
- Sniff some scents: Like Orange or Lavender, which are known for reducing anxiety and putting you in a good mood.
- Do Jumping Jacks: Well, any physical activity to get your endorphins going is sure to improve your mood. There’s science that says so.
- Take some deep, calming breaths: Any breathing technique you choose will do the trick.
- Write a list of things you’re grateful for: Practicing gratitude isn’t just an annoying thing people say too much. Apparently it’s actually something that works really well for putting you in a better mood.
- Do something nice for someone: There’s a reason people really enjoy helping other people. It’s not just that it’s a really sweet thing to do. It really makes the person doing it feel amazing too!
- Play with your pet: If you’ve been around for a while you have probably already heard me say this way too many times… but seriously, my pets never fail to put me in a better mood!
- Play Dress-Up: Dress-up was my favorite game as a little girl, and today as a grown-up girl it’s still my favorite game. How you dress really does have an effect on your mood!
- Take an Epsom Salt Bath: I saved this one for last because it’s my favorite go-to for icky moods. No matter how bad a mood I’m in, if I take an epsom salt bath it will disappear in minutes. I swear, I’m not over selling this. Just try it for yourself. Science says I’m right too.
So there you go. Try one thing or try all the things. I hope your mood gets better. If anything on this list helped you I’d love to hear about it in the comments.
Until Next Time,
Keep Calm and Grow On